Friday, November 6, 2015

Vegas, Vegas, Vegas

So happy to be back on the blog today! It's been a long month full of midterms and client crises, but things have finally settled back down. And I'm happy to report that I'm headed off to Vegas for a mini-moon with my husband on Sunday! This vacation is desperately needed, and we can't wait to unwind and have some fun away from home. Today's blog is all about just that!

As I've been preparing for our trip, I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about my favorite things to do in Vegas. Here's a list of some of my absolute MUSTS when I'm in Sin City!

1. Catch a Vegas show

Miles and I are going to see Absinthe this time around, which I have been looking forward to seeing for months! It's one of, if not, the highest rated shows in Vegas right now. There's nothing like splurging on a night of exemplary Las Vegas entertainment and sharing it with friends or the one you love. If the shows that you're interested in don't quite fit into your budget, don't worry! You can always stop by a Tix 4 Tonight booth and buy tickets for that night's show for half off full price! They have tons of booths all over Vegas, so be sure to check them out. Their website also allows you to see which shows they will have tickets available for at their booths on any given night. Super convenient!

2. Eat at a steakhouse

My last Vegas trip led me to Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab inside Caesar's Palace, and my GOD was it DELICIOUS! Pricey, of course, but absolutely worth every penny! (I have to recommend the chilean sea bass... to die for!) If our bank account permits, we would love to stop by Gordon Ramsay Steak during our upcoming trip, because I've always wanted to try Ramsay's famous beef wellington. There's just something so romantic and relaxing about eating a fancy, schmancy meal in Vegas. If you haven't tried it, do!

3. Cuddle up in front of the Bellagio Fountains

So it's a little cliché, but the first time that Miles wrapped me up in his arms in front of the Bellagio Fountains, I totally felt a shiver down my spine. It was one of those movie moments that you dream about experiencing. I'm definitely looking forward to catching the fountains with my hubby during our trip!

4. Stay at a hotel with an incredible bathroom

I have a thing about bathrooms. Poor Miles has had to accommodate my obsession with really nice bathrooms over the years. If I'm staying at a hotel in Vegas, you better believe that it's going to have a fabulous bathroom! We chose the Cosmopolitan for our stay this time. (We loved staying at the Aria during our last trip.) Main reason I decided on the Cosmo? The bathrooms, of course! I am such a sucker for a big tub and/or shower with fancy gadgets. I haven't been enjoying long showers at home because of the California drought, but you better believe I'm going to milk the hell out of that hotel shower! Book a room with a nice bathroom; you'll thank me later.

5. Have a drink at the Chandelier Bar

And here's the other reason that Miles and I chose the Cosmo for our upcoming vacation! The Chandelier in the Cosmo is the one of the most beautiful bars that I've ever been in. I love the atmosphere and the fact that you are literally drinking in a chandelier. I really enjoyed the drinks during our first visit and enjoyed the band playing that evening even more. They played beautiful jazz interpretations of some of my personal indie favorites, like Regina Spektor. The price is not exactly right, but it's difficult to find anything that's quality and inexpensive in Vegas. If nothing else, have one drink and sip on it as you soak up the environment.

Five seems like a nice number to stop at, right? This list could easily go on forever! I'll be blogging about our trip in the upcoming week and can't wait to share the details with you all!

Happy Friday!

Love, Rini


No comments:

Post a Comment