Thursday, October 8, 2015

My new favorite makeup product

I am a huge fan of enhancing my natural skintone with lightweight foundation. I've been wearing foundation consistently since the 8th grade. Over the years, I've tried them all. Finding a formula that doesn't clog my pores (especially on my nose) and that doesn't leave my face oily after just a couple of hours of wear has been a challenge. I recently began purchasing pore minimizers and swapping them out for foundation in order to help mask the big pores on my nose. While I've tried a few different products, I only managed to find two that I truly loved. Unfortunately, they weren't without their own issues.

While I LOVE Benefit's The Porefessional, the price is really steep. I require quite a bit of the product in a single use in order to see results, and it's just not feasible for me to continue to buy such an expensive product as often as I would have to. I've also had issues with clumping when I've tried to put powder over the product. I realize I probably shouldn't be trying to put powder over it, but what can I say? I need powder. On the plus side, the product is slightly tinted and feels like velvet, nearly eliminating the need for powder. Seriously, it feels amazing. I can't say enough good things about the softness of my skin following application.

I also love Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser! Now here's a product that gets the job done for cheap. I also require much less of this product to cover my problem areas, meaning the product tends to last me weeks longer than The Porefessional. Cheap AND long lasting?! I know, right! However, this product does tend to result in an oily face for me shortly after application. I also regret that it isn't tinted, which means you would definitely require foundation and/or powder to even out your skintone.

So what I've been dreaming of is a cheap product that mostuizers my face and enhances my skintone while assisting in minimizing my pores and not clumping with my powder or leaving my skin oily. Yikes. Seems impossible, right?

Now for the good news!

I FOUND IT!

Whilst standing in the makeup aisle at Target for the thousandth time this month, I feasted my eyes upon this little baby: Smooth Skin BB Creme in Instant Matte by NYC. It's heaven bottled so far as I'm concerned, and here's why:

1. It goes on smoothly and moisturizes my skin.
2. It's tinted and enhances my skintone, resulting in a soft glow. (I purchased the medium tone.)
3. My skin is not oily after application.
4. It allows me to wear powder over it without clumping.
5. My pores look fabulous!
6. IT'S ONLY $3.99!

See! Heaven sent! I have replaced my foundation with this creme and love applying it every morning. Find it at your local Target and let me know what you think of this awesome product!

No comments:

Post a Comment