Sunday, January 10, 2016

My Absolute Favorite Clay Mask

So I'm rapidly approaching my "late" 20s which comes with both excitement and dread. 20-somethings tend to be regarded as extended adolescents these days. Call me shallow, but I'm definitely ready to be taken a little more seriously by the world. On the flipside, nearing my 30s means huge changes to my body. Losing weight, for example, is a MEGA CHORE these days. I gain 5 lbs just looking at a donut. I'm also beginning to worry about things that never even crossed my mind before, like everyday skin care. The fear of bags and dark circles under my eyes is real, y'all. I'm always on the search for the best pore cleansers/tighteners/exfoliating creams and masks. I happened upon the Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask by Elizavecca just over a month ago and have been enamored by it since!

First off, the packaging is adorable!


The cute piggy alone makes me pretty confident about it ;)! Luckily, there's so much more to this amazing product than just cute packaging.

The product comes with a nifty plastic wand that you can use to spread the clay mask on your face. It works well and makes the entire process very easy. 



There is 100g of product in the jar which actually goes pretty far. I've done about 10 masks in the last month or so, and I've still got about half of the jar left. And trust me when I say that a little of this product really goes a long way. I'll talk more about that in just a minute.


So what's so great about this product? Quite of few things, actually! First off, my skin feels tight and incredibly soft after removal. Like, insanely soft. Almost too good. My husband always wants to rub his hands all over my face after I use this miracle mask. It has a number of key ingredients including green tea extract, soy extract, pomegranate extract, peony root extract, and charcoal powder. It smells fantastic and quickly relaxes me as soon as it's on my skin. I also have sensitive skin and have had absolutely no negative reactions to this product. That's always a huge plus for me! My skin has been clear and the look of my pores truly does appear to have minimized since I added the Milky Piggy Mask to my beauty regimen. No breakouts, no skin irritation, no dry spots... nada. I can't sing its praises enough!



Now here's the really fun part--it BUBBLES! I have never used a product anything like this mask. It smears onto your face like thick cream and then instantly begins to form a foam on your skin. I must warn you... it tickles! But you get used to the sensation after a few applications. (I hardly even notice it now.) The more product you use, the more the foam tends to rise, so be careful, unless you want bubbles in your eyes and up your nose!



After the bubbles have fully formed (about 5 mins), you wet your fingers with warm water to break down the carbonation and rub the mask into your skin for an additional 2 minutes. This is my personal favorite part! I love the feeling and sound of popping all of those little foamy bubbles with my fingers!


Then it's time for removal. I find that the warmer the water, the better for removal, so use the warmest water that you can stand on your face to help get the product off. Removal can be a very messy process, so I suggest using the mask just before you're ready to get into the shower. This eliminates the guarantee of having water all over your bathroom counter and floor. (Or you can lay a few towels down first.)

Here's a few really goofy photos of the mask working its magic. Really feeling my inner Santa Clause here. (5 mins after application)


Breaking down the carbonation with warm water.



Continuously rub the mask into your skin for 2 minutes after carbonation to maximize its effects.


Did I mention that this awesome mask is only $11?! I purchased my mask on Amazon, because I am a Prime member, and it was the cheapest that I could find it on the internet. However, Memebox recently lowered their prices from $14 to $11 (perhaps to compete with Amazon?). If you're a Prime member, stick with Amazon to get free two-day shipping. Memebox will ship the product via standard shipping for $6.95.

I strongly encourage you all to try this product. I'm contemplating buying a 4 pack on Amazon riiiiiight meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment