Monday, March 7, 2016

Quick Update

It's March! And what a crazy beginning of the month it's been! I just wanted to do a quick check-in to explain my absence from the blog and assure you all that I WILL be much more active after the middle of this month.

To start with, I caught what can only be described as the plague in the middle of February. I was so. gosh. darn. sick. I did absolutely nothing but sleep, sneeze, cough, and dry heave for a week and a half. Luckily, Miles helped nurse me back to health, and I'm pleased to say that I'm now back in the land of the living! Blogging was simply an impossible task while I was sick, so that's one of my excuses.

My second excuse is that I was at Musink with Miles this weekend! This was our first time at Musink, and Miles was lucky to share the True Tattoo/Elm Street Tattoo/True South booth with Oliver Peck and Little Linda. Miles was busy tattooing throughout the convention, and I pretended to be important by ripping paper towels, pouring rinse cups, and slangin' his paintings all weekend :P. We had a blast! We're so incredibly lucky to be surrounded by amazing, talented, and kind artists. Our thanks to Oliver, Aaron, Taylor, Linda, and Nicole for helping make this weekend a memorable one!

Two excuses down, one to go! I've been pretty hush hush about this, but I'm prepping to take my graduate comprehensive examination in less than two weeks. If I pass, I'll be graduating in May with my master's degree! Obviously, I'm extremely nervous about taking my exam, and it requires me to be a hermit for the time being. Blogging is going to have to be on the back burner until my comps are over. Please, please bear with me until then. I can assure you all that I'll return to weekly blogging in the very near future!

Thank you all for being patient and for your interest in Urbana Vixen. This is a true labor of love, and I look forward to sharing more tips, reviews, and lifestyle posts with all of you soon!






xo

No comments:

Post a Comment