Sunday, May 1, 2016

Product Review: Morphe 35O Shimmer Palette!

Hello, my little Vixens!

I'm so excited about the must-have product that I'm sharing with all of my beauty lovers today! It's absolutely amazing! I'm talking all about the Morphe 35O Shimmer Palette! And if you're reading this RIGHT NOW, you can still buy it before it goes out of stock! (It WILL go out of stock.)

Morphe's original 35O palette is one of the most talked about eyeshadow palettes in the beauty world. It includes 35 highly pigmented matte and shimmer shades in various nudes, browns, and oranges. For someone with an olive skin tone like myself, it's an absolute essential for creating both soft nude looks for daytime and intense fiery looks for a night out. You simply cannot go wrong with the 35O and at only $22.99, it's a steal! Now, all that being said, you can understand why the palette is almost always sold out. However, Morphe restocks the 35O regularly (about every two weeks from what I've seen), so make sure that you hop onboard as soon as they announce a restock!

Morphe recently surprised us all with a full shimmer version and full matte version of the coveted 35O palette. They also retail for $22.99, so I had to jump on it right away. I've been going through a bit of a sparkly phase (I don't even know myself anymore), so I gravitated toward the shimmer palette. They even offered a bundle with both the full matte and full shimmer palettes for $43.99, which is about $2 in savings when compared to purchasing the palettes separately. Not surprisingly, the bundle quickly sold out. But knowing Morphe, they'll offer it again soon. The matte palette is also currently sold out. However, as I mentioned earlier, the shimmer palette is still available! If you want this palette in your hands ASAP, you better click here right now!

Quick note--all of the following photos are barely edited. I wanted the photos to be as true to the actual color of the palette as possible, so you won't see my usual stark white tones.

Okay! Let's get into my first impressions.

First off, the palette is humongous! Let's compare it to my large head for some perspective. (Remember that you can always click on my photos to get a closer look.)



I like my palettes sturdy, so the size doesn't bother me personally. It's also very thin and would be super easy to tuck into a suitcase or weekender when traveling. 



As I mentioned before, the palette contains 35 1 inch pans in various warm tones.





Um, HELLO. Are these shades gorgeous or what?!



As I was swatching the shadows on my arm, I could immediately feel how creamy, soft, and velvety they were. They glided on like butter and were extremely pigmented! All of the swatches on my arm are after only 1 or 2 quick finger swipes across my skin.


The first 10 shades in the palette (left side)






The middle 10 shades in the palette





The last 5 shades in the palette (right side)


Seriously, guys... these shadows are so beyond dreamy. I wanted to break into song after swatching each color. The possibilities are endless!

And of course I had to create a look for y'all! I definitely went for a more dramatic look, but you can tone this palette down very easily. I just can't help myself when it comes to bold makeup.




I love, love, love this palette and can't recommend it enough. Truly. The broad range of colors, pigmentation, and blendability (I might have made that word up) of this palette make it far worth the price. It's a little slice of heaven.

Before I go today, I want to extend my deepest thanks to everyone who checks Urbana Vixen regularly and who supports me in this silly little endeavor. I've had so many of you message me and/or seek me out to let me know that you keep up with my blog or that you've tried and loved new products thanks to my reviews. These posts take, on average, about 2 or 3 hours to produce. They're a labor of love, so it's so awesome to know that I have great support out there and that these posts are introducing you guys to some fantastic new products. My heart melts every time that one of you guys tells me that you love Urbana Vixen. Well, UV loves you guys, too! Please keep telling me what kind of posts you'd like to see more of, and I'll do my best to keep 'em coming.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment