Saturday, January 23, 2016

Quality, Not Quantity

Happy Saturday, bbs! Another week in 2016 has come and gone, and I'm the busiest that I've been in years. I recently accepted the title of Staffing Coordinator at work, and my caseload is the heaviest it's ever been. I've been spending full days at the office, which is a far cry from the quick hour or two I was clocking in last year. I love working hard, but it's taking a minute to adjust to those long days in the middle of the week. The good news is that I enjoy my Saturdays all the more, and I've been taking full advantage of them. This Saturday in particular is going to be a busy one for me, so this post will be brief. However, I fully intend on making a lengthier post tomorrow about my AMAZING new tightliner! It's a must try, and you'll want to know all about it!

I'm also very excited to announce that I've been asked to guest blog on Sun and Sparrow! I'll be sharing tons of tips for brides including how to plan the perfect bridal shower, bachelorette party, and wedding. Be on the lookout for my first post!

For today's short and sweet post, I want to acknowledge my awesome friends, who have been contributing to making my weekends so much fun (you all know who you are). This last year, I finally came to the realization that when it comes to friends, it truly is about about quality and not quantity.

Let me share a quick example with you. I woke up to these messages this morning from my best friend.

(Click to enlarge)

This is what it's all about. Love. Appreciation. Acknowledgement.

The younger me didn't feel valuable unless everyone else liked me and wanted to be my friend. But now I understand that a few close friends are worth their weight in gold. I encourage you all to thank your quality friends and appreciate all that they do to show you they love you. Life is so much more fun when you're feeling grateful for what you have and not focusing on what you don't.

I'm off to girls' night, but I'll be back on the blog with more to share tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment