Saturday, February 6, 2016

Sephora Cream Lip Stains

Hi bbs!

If you're thinking that I skipped a week of blogging, you're totally wrong. I actually spent last Saturday blogging for the Sun and Sparrow blog! It'll be up soon, and I can't wait to share it with everyone.

In the meantime, I've self diagnosed my recent eye issues as being blepharitis. I had most of the symptoms and was in total agony for a couple of weeks. Luckily, I discovered an amazing woman online who provided me with what seems to be a miracle cure for the chronic problem. I'm happy to report that after some diligent treatment, my eyes are looking very much like themselves again. I'm even wearing eyeliner today (gasp)!

Now that my eyes are under control, I'm ready to get back to reviewing some of my favorite beauty products. Today, Sephora's Cream Lip Stains are in the spotlight.

Let me preface this review by saying that some of the colors that I have are either discontinued OR their product numbers have changed. I'll be attempting to identify the correct names and numbers, but Sephora pulled a fast one on me, and I'm limited by the numbers on my products. Please bear with me!

Here are the six colors that I currently own:
From left to right, they are Whipped Blush (#8), Cherry Blossom (#7), Marvelous Mauve (#13), Endless Purple (#4, Discontinued), Blackberry Sorbet (#10), and Dark Berry (#7, Discontinued). If you'd like to take a moment and cry with me/pray to the makeup gods, my two favorite colors are the two that are discontinued. Why oh why?!

Now that we've mourned, let's talk about the product. These babies are very opaque and very matte. If you need to know anything about me and makeup, it's that long-wearing lipsticks (cream or liquid) are my thing. I simply cannot get enough of them, and my husband has learned to live with the financial burden. (I've got it under control, I promise.)

That being said, these lip stains rank high on my list of favorites. They do not dry out your lips whatsoever, and that's hard to come by when we're talking about long-wear. If anything, they're hydrating. They feel soft and velvety on your lips, and most of the colors I've tried have great color payoff. I've noticed that these will transfer to food, but they've passed a million kiss tests with my hubby. In general, if I haven't eaten a burger or a sandwich, I can get through an 8 hour day at work without having to reapply. I also don't feel like I'm going to rip my lips off when removing the product at the end of the night. That's always a plus in my book!

Here's an arm swatch to give you a (not-so-great) idea of what the colors look like. My house has horrible lighting, and I probably should have done this outside during the day.


From bottom to top: Whipped Blush, Cherry Blossom, Marvelous Mauve, Endless Purple (Discontinued), Blackberry Sorbet, Dark Berry (Discontinued)

The latter three look much more purple in person than on that arm swatch. Hopefully my lip photos will do them more justice.


Whipped Blush: Probably too pink for me but very fun and flirty for lighter or darker skin tones.


Cherry Blossom: A tamer pink that is much kinder to my olive skin. I love this one!


Marvelous Mauve: This borders on the line of being a nude for my skin tone, and I LOVE it! It still has a pinky tint to it, but it is soft enough to wear when I go for a dark eye.


Endless Purple: One of my absolute favorites in the old collection. I would pay $30 a tube for this lip stain if Sephora would bring it back. The color is an absolutely gorgeous berry purple.


Blackberry Sorbet: One of my least favorites from my personal collection but still a fun color. It shimmers a bit, which generally isn't my thing unless the color is gorgeous. This shade isn't quite as opaque as some of the others, and I find that it benefits from multiple layers.


Dark Berry: My absolute favorite from the old collection. I wish I would have stocked up on this color before it was discontinued. It's dark and vampy (more so than in the photo), and I get compliments on it every time I wear it. Sephora, I beg of you... bring it back!

I can also vouch for Always Red (#1). I've purchased it multiple times and will be picking up another one very soon! These lip stains are highly affordable as quality lipsticks go. They retail for only $14 each. But a word to the wise, they're incredibly popular, and Sephora tends to be out of multiple shades every time that I stop by. 

Have you tried these awesome lip stains? What are your thoughts on them? And have you found any dupes to Endless Purple and Dark Berry? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment